Monday, September 29, 2014

Time to re-brand

The new website cgeisler.net

Over the last few weeks I have been trying to figure out the next step in my life. For the longest time I wanted to try to find work in technical writing or publishing. Unfortunately that is harder to get into then I anticipated.
Without experience in either field it was getting harder and harder to find a job. So I started looking at my strengths and see what jobs existed in those areas. Within in minutes I had my answer.

So with some sadness I have decided to stop my efforts of trying to get into a field with my writing. Instead I will be focusing on my biggest strength IT. The amount of jobs available to someone with a technical background in computers is amazing. Entry level or even low level management jobs are plentiful for someone like me to apply for. With this new direction and focus came the creation of a new website for my skills, job history, and passions. It is clean, simple, and shows off my potential to anyone who looks at it. For the longest time I wanted to distance myself from all the time I spent working with computers because I didn't want to get stuck doing it forever. But now I see the potential for growth and new opportunities by pursuing this avenue. I have been involved with fixing, maintaining, and installing computers for almost 10 years now. The amount of experience I have for someone my age is amazing. It's time to take all I know and apply it to the next potential job. 


By focusing on this field I will now be spending more time again applying for jobs and looking into new opportunities. A lot has already happened this year and I want to keep up this momentum. The future is looking brighter again and I know all this work will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment