Thursday, January 16, 2014

Writing under the wire

One of my goals for 2014 is to try and blog everyday and for the first time I am blogging very close to the wire. Which has pushed me into the topic about myself. I don't like talking about myself, as anyone who has know me for a long time can tell you. I'm usually the one who keeps quiet and doesn't tell people about his problems or what makes me a great person. I'm perfectly happy with that, but for once I'm going to toot my own horn for a change.

One of the things that I am most proud of about myself is my ability to write and create under tight deadlines. Throughout college and even right now I always have been able to create my best work when the clock was ticking down to zero. My best papers were always created at the last minute and even this blog post for Thursday the 16th is being done under the wire with only a few minutes to spare. I don't know why I write well under tight deadlines, maybe it's because I like knowing that there isn't any time left to make it? Maybe it's because it ignites my creative juices into overdrive to create something amazing at the last possible second. Who knows, all I know is that I find that to be one of my greatest traits. The ability to create under tight time constraints and with little time to second guess yourself is something I see as a great ability. When working under the gun you are more honest with your work and more likely to create something thought provoking for your reader.

At the end of the day it comes down to the simple act of being able to write what you have to no matter what. This blog entry proves it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment