Monday, January 12, 2015

Welcome to 2015!

Hello everyone it's me Christian! I know I haven't said much recently what with the holidays and all but now I figured it was time to check in. Since the last time I blogged a lot has changed at my home. For starters I'm moving to another room in the house, unfortunately it's due to the recent passing of my uncle. He passed away on Christmas morning, from complications related to a stroke and an infection in his heart. For the last year and a half he had been fighting cancer which at this point was in his bones. Doctors never thought he'd live as long as he did and for that we are grateful. In the end the infection is what killed him due his weakened immune system from all the cancer treatments. He passed away peacefully on Christmas morning.


With his passing a bedroom has opened up and so I'm moving into it to allow my sister to be close to her daughters bedroom. The hardest part for me with this move is saying goodbye to the bedroom I've had my entire life. But, with this new room it gives me a chance to work with Marlee to create a space that we both can enjoy as a couple. My current room is cramped but this new space is much more open which will be nice. I'll post pics once I'm fully moved in which should be by the end of the month.

On the job front I'm still searching. A couple interviews at the end of the year did not lead to anything but it showed that I have potential to find something. Having all this free time is good right now especially with all the cleaning we have to do of my uncles stuff. If I was working it would be a lot harder to spend time getting the room ready for me.

Marlee with her new set of wheels

On the bright side Marlee finally has a car. With my uncles passing my grandmother decided she did not want to drive anymore. As such her car became available and she decided that Marlee should have it. It was a kind gesture that made Marlee happy. Marlee hasn't' had a car of her own in over 3 years due to her last car getting destroyed in a flood. The look on her face the first time she drove that car was so huge and I could tell how happy she was to finally have a car again.







One my uncles many seascapes
To close out this post I wanted to mention that
my uncle was a painter. He picked it up later in life and stuck with it till his death. Throughout the years he took many classes at the adult education school in our area. Even when he had taken all the classes he could he would take them again and again just to keep painting. As a way to remember him I will be posting a gallery in the future of all his artwork so others can enjoy his painting as much as I and my family did.

No comments:

Post a Comment