Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The mid-week in review: January 29th 2014

After 27 days, over 40 hours of body work, and roughly $12,000 I finally got my car back last Friday! The car looks perfect, like it never was in a major accident. I have to give a ton of thanks to Chatham Collision for making it look perfect. Having it back has made me feel extremely happy this week and overall it's been a good week for me.

As always I'm still looking for a job, and as always it's a constant game of applying and hoping to hear back again. I mentioned last week that I was finally going to redo my resume and over the weekend I did. It's clean, simplistic, and lays out everything someone needs to know about me. I'm also finding simplifying the resume has made the process of applying for jobs a lot faster.


On top of redoing the resume, I have decided what field to focus on getting work in, after not knowing for a long time I've decided that technical writing is for me. I always wasn't sure what area of writing to focus on after school but, after working as a technical writer most of last year I found I enjoy it a lot. It is something I enjoy doing and I can see potential for finding work doing it. So who knows what will happen but finally having an idea of what I want to do is so up lifting. It has given me a clear goal of what to look for in jobs. Before I wasn't sure so I applied for everything with little success. Now I know what I want and I'm going to do whatever I can to get it.

As I close out the first month of 2014, I feel more energized and ready to kick ass this year. January started out slow but it's ending on a strong note. Which is what I need to keep going into the rest of the year. Here's to the rest of 2014! The year of making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment