Saturday, February 1, 2014

Finding that missing piece

Goofing around with my love
Finding that one person who is the missing piece of your life is difficult. Many never find that one person, they either settle for something close to perfect or they wander around looking forever. It's been a long time since I have talked about Marlee and the importance of her love in my life. She is that piece I have been looking for. The one person who knows everything about me and what makes me tick. I'm not one to talk a lot about my personal life or myself in general. Anyone who has been friends with me for a long time can tell you it takes a lot for me to open up. It takes a lot for me to express my feelings and thoughts to anyone in person. That comes from years of being picked on and belittled in school, it broke me in many ways. It's only been in the last few years that I have finally started to gain back what was taken from me. Having a group of good friends and blogging more has helped me express myself more then ever before.


"Sometimes you don't know how to truly express yourself when you finally find the one who is your equal", I said that back in January of 2012 on Facebook. It's true in many ways but at the same time it's false now. Back then I had no idea that 9 months later I would meet Marlee. I had no idea that the moment we started going out that the wall I built to keep my emotions inside would be broken. Right away I saw her as my equal and someone who I could trust with everything.


Marlee and Dad having fun
Marlee in many ways has become the final piece in my life that has helped me express myself even better then before. I find I am better at showing emotions and I even have found I'm more open in general with people. That has lead me to being more helpful in life and at my job with customers. I find helping them makes me feel accomplished. She has become an important component of my life in more ways then I care to mention. But, I will say this she completes me, she's the one who is making my life so much better, I'm a happier, kinder person because of her.





Marlee and Victoria playing

Last night we went out to dinner to celebrate my fathers retirement from the railroad, Marlee came along and we all had a wonderful time. As we were getting in my car to head back to the house, she said, "I feel like I'm part of your family." At the time when she said it I didn't say much but looking back now she's right. She has become a part of my family in so many ways, my parents love her, my sister and her are friends. My niece loves her so much, her face lights up every time Aunt Marlee comes over. I never thought I'd be with someone who would become such a huge part of my family and I'm glad I was proven wrong again. Marlee is the most important woman in my life and not to get super sappy at the end but she will be for all time. I love you Marlee with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment