Friday, February 28, 2014

The mid-week in review: February 28th 2014

I know I haven't done one of these in a long time but to be honest not a lot has been going on recently. Life was in a sort of stand still state for a while. That has changed though in the last fews days. I can now say after a couple weeks of filling out paper work and interviews that I have a full time job! As of 11:00 am this morning I put in my two weeks notice and will be starting a full time position with IBM in March.

As many people know I have been looking for work since I graduated college in December of 2011, while looking for jobs I continued to work at my local computer repair shop. I didn't work long hours there but the pay was good and I liked the people I worked with. For almost seven years I have worked there. That's a long time to spend at a small part time job. In that time I learned a lot about customer service, fixing computers, and working at a small business. It had its ups and downs but overall I wouldn't trade my time here for anything in the whole world.

Looking back to when I first started working here I was new to the whole world of dealing with customers on a daily basis. It honestly scared me to be on the front lines dealing with peoples problems. Fast forward to today and I can't see not being involved on that level with people. If anything I have learned that I like helping people and seeing them be happy when I fix their problem always puts a smile on my face.

Now I will be leaving the world of small business computer repair to work for IBM fixing computers. It won't be a huge change in terms of what I will be doing on a daily basis but the one major change is I won't be interacting with customers like I do now. That will be the one thing I will honestly miss.

So thats that my new full time job will start soon and I can't wait for that to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment