Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Long time no see

Hello all! I'm back from the dead of the internet to give the world an update on my job situation. Back in April when I last posted things were dark, I wasn't sure about my future and I was still far away from finding a job.

Fast forward to now and things have changed big time. I've been working since late June for a music company that focuses on teaching children, as well as renting them instruments for their schools music programs. I was brought on to help with the assigning and shipment of rental instruments to children all over Northern New Jersey. It was a busy, crazy, and intense summer but, one that saw many success for myself and the company. I was able to help improv shipments of rentals to kids and reduce the failure rate big time. Overall our success rate was 98% which was a huge improvement from the previous summer.

I was only supposed to stay till the end of the summer/fall busy season when the rentals for the new school year are at there highest. But, I have stayed on and have been working there ever since. Currently my role fluctuates a lot depending on the day of the week from managing the warehouse to helping with improving the companies online presence. It seems like I'm going to be staying here for a while if the money is right.

This job is the first one I have ever had where I've felt an extreme sense of personal satisfaction with my own work. Everyone here works well together and we all work towards the common goal of helping the company provided an excellent level of service to our customers. There were many days where I would come home exhausted but I never felt like I didn't want to be there. The exhaustion I felt was good it made me feel like I had accomplished something everyday I went to work.

The future is looking bright for the first time in a long time. Hopefully this will continue into the new year and hopefully I will be writing more for this blog.

Till then stay positive my friends, you never know what will fall into your lap when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment